Friday, January 19, 2007

 

My Training Goals

Well guys, the London to Paris ride is getting nearer. The months will soon whizz by and before I know it I'll be mounting the bike with 300 miles of anglo-french tarmac between me, the Eiffel Tower and probably a whole wall, a bit of roof, some books and maybe a new toilet, in the new school in Malawi...

I'm starting to worry as I'm still only averaging 12 mile rides, mainly due to time constraints, altthough the record is 24 miles. So, I've created a target plan with some realistic goals for me to achieve:

January - several 12-15 milers and at least one 20 mile ride (get back into the swing of things gradually)
February - 2 x 20 mile rides, 1 x 30 miler, lots of 12-15 milers
March - as above but a 40 miler as well
April - the first 50 miler - covering almost the entire East Suffolk cycle circuit
May - another 50 miler and several 30-40 milers
June - the big one. I'm going to go for a 70 miler. I also want to do a couple of relatively big rides (30/40 miles) on two consecutive days to help improve my recovery times.

So those are the goals. I'll keep you posted as to how I get on...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?